3/1/22 UPDATE Download as PDF
COVID-19 Procedures for Schilling-Douglas School of Hair Design:
Due to updated information provided from the State of Delaware and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that was revised on February 28th, the school has adopted the following COVID-19 procedures to keep students and educators safe in school.
- We have discontinued quarantine for close contacts EXCEPT household contacts.
- When someone tests positive, they should:
➢ Isolate at home for 5 days* and, if symptoms have resolved, return after day 5 and wear a mask in school for the next 5 days OR,
➢ Isolate at home for 10* days.
*Count the days from the first day after symptoms or the first day after a positive test, whichever is earlier. Return date must be at least 5 days after start of any symptoms, with at least 24 hours fever- free without fever reducing medicine.
- Any individual with COVID symptoms should stay out of school until they have tested and received the results.
- When someone is a household close contact who is up to date with their COVID vaccine, those individuals should wear a mask for 10 days following the last date of exposure in the household and get tested on day 5 following the last date of exposure.
- When someone is a household close contact who is not up to date with their COVID vaccine, one of the following options may be applied:
➢ Return on day 6** after a negative test on day 5 if able to wear a mask in the school for an additional 5 days.
➢ Stay at home for 10 days following the last date of exposure to a positive person.
**Count the days from the first day following the last date of exposure to a positive person.
2/28/22 Update on Face Coverings
Governor Carney announced today that the mask mandate for schools will be lifted at 6 PM on Tuesday, March 1st. This is a result of updated guidance from the CDC.
Based on this information, we are lifting our campus mask mandate effective Wednesday, March 2nd. Schilling-Douglas School of Hair Design employees, students and members of the public will no longer be required to wear face coverings while inside the SDSHD building irrespective of vaccination status.
While the face covering mandate will be removed March 2nd, all SDSHD employees, students, and members of the public retain the individual discretion to continue wearing a face covering on SDSHD property, including inside classrooms and workspaces. Individuals who choose to continue wearing a face covering or who choose not to wear a face covering on our campus, should be permitted to do so free of any criticism, judgment, or retaliation.
The school is encouraging everyone to continue to wash their hands frequently, get vaccinated or boosted if you haven’t already, get tested if you are showing COVID-19 symptoms, and make sure that, if needed, the proper isolation or quarantine guidelines are followed.
Today’s news will require some patience. Please continue to show empathy, patience and understanding toward one another.
The school continues to take steps to help protect the health and safety of its students, staff and guests.
The Schilling-Douglas School of Hair Design is following the CDC guidelines and DDOE and DDOPH recommendations.
- All staff, students and guests are required to wear face coverings while inside the facility.
- Physical distancing of 3 feet is encouraged when possible.
- Continue daily self-screening. Stay home if you are experiencing signs and/or symptoms of illness.
- Those who are not vaccinated should get tested.
- Isolate/quarantine positive individuals per DPH guidelines.
- Maintain increased ventilation in the building.
- Report positive cases to school community.
This guidance is subject to change based on the latest recommendations from the CDC, the Delaware Division of Public Health and the Delaware Department of Education.
STUDENTS: We have resumed some on campus classes. All students in attendance must wear a face covering at all times.
STUDENT SALON: We have resumed operations in our student salon. All services are by appointment only. Please call the school to schedule an appointment (302) 737-5100 ext. 100. All clients must wear a face covering while receiving a service.
We are resuming on campus classes THURSDAY JUNE 11th. All students should report to the school per their class schedule. All students must wear a face covering.
The student Salon will reopen at 10 am on Monday June 15th. We will be accepting appointments only. Please call the school to schedule an appointment (302)737-5100. All clients must wear a face covering.
Dear Schilling-Douglas School Community,
It is my pleasure to inform our community that the school has received temporary approval to use distance education to continue the delivery of our programs.
Effective Thursday, March 19, 2020, the school will temporarily transition to distance education for all programs and students. On-site classes will remain in session until 9pm today, March 18, 2020. The facility will also remain open until 9pm today to allow all students and staff to use this time to gather all texts, materials and supplies you will need to participate in the distance education program.
*** In order to participate in the school’s distance program you must sign a “Notice of Temporary Distance Education”. Forms are available at the school today. If you are unable to complete the form in person, please contact the school and one will be emailed to you. ****
If you have any questions please contact your instructor or the Associate Director.
The school office will remain open during this transition and we will respond to requests for information as quickly as possible.
I would like to personally thank you for your patience as we make this transition.
Please stay safe during this time and we hope to see you all back very soon.
Dear Schilling-Douglas School Community,
As the global outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, the Schilling-Douglas School of Hair Design is taking steps to prepare for transmission into our community. The safety and well-being of our community is of the utmost importance to us.
At this time we are following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and state and local authorities in taking extra safety measures at our school. We have implemented a service waiver regarding the Coronavirus in the student salon, which informs guest will not be able to service them if they pose a potential health risk. We also have increased the frequency of sanitation within the facility.
As we continue with this effort, we would like to remind all staff and students what we can all do NOW to help stop the spread of this disease.
- If you don’t feel well, please stay home.
- If you observe someone in the school who appears sick or if you have any reason to suspect that you may have been exposed to the Coronavirus or have a presumptive positive test for the virus, please notify the school immediately.
- Wash your hands often, using soap and water for at least 20 seconds or an alcohol based hand sanitizer that contains at least 70% alcohol
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Practice social distancing- whenever possible do not sit or stand directly next to others
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash – or use the bend of your elbow
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Avoid shaking hands
We are asking all staff and students who are planning to or have recently traveled outside of the country or to a community that is effected by the virus to notify the school office. As part of our preparedness plan, you may be asked to self-quarantine for a minimum of 14 days prior to returning to school, if symptom free.
The school is currently reviewing its leave of absence policy and Satisfactory Academic Policy in order to take into account absences directly related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
In the event the school must close temporality due to the virus, please be assured that all student enrollment periods will be extended by the amount of time of the temporary closure.
The school’s Associate Director has been designated the official contact for notifying the school of travel, travel plans and to report exposure or potential exposure. You may contact the Associate Director at (302)737-5100 ext. 106
Thank you in advance for your continued support in keeping our school safe.